Tuesday, December 30, 2014

All My Bags Are Packed; I'm Ready to Go

There's a part of me that knows for certain that I will to be able to complete this project as planned. Over the years I have gathered ample evidence that I can pretty much write a song about anything, regardless of my state of mind. I know that I can be disciplined to create every day, well at least for a hundred days. What's another 265? I've already recruited a small army of supporters and cheerleaders. I've already got ideas for at least half of the songs. I've fine tuned my work environment, and have already adopted some new, productive habits.

There is also, however, a pesky little voice in my head that likes to remind me of the times in my life when I have failed to follow through on one of my grand ideas. I gently thank that the voice for the reminder and suggest that this task, though challenging, is quite doable and well worth the doing.

In addition to the Facebook event and this blog, I will be storing the songs on www.archive.org once they are in some sort of publishable form. Several arrangers have already stepped up to offer to arrange a song or two or more.

So, I'm ready to get going. Just standing in the vestibule with my coat and hat on, waiting for the taxi to arrive.

1 comment:

  1. I'm watching with eager anticipation and encouragement. Thanks for giving the society such a shot in the arm.

    ReplyDelete